A Simple Path to Prevention
“You are what you eat…You are what you drink…You are what you have done”
If you want to slow the aging process, inside and out, prolong and enhance the quality of your life by reducing cancer, heart disease, stroke, and other degenerative diseases, then follow these basic rules as your FOUNDATION FOR GOOD HEALTH.
- Fresh, raw or minimally cooked vegetables, fruits, and grains 9-10 servings per day.
- Complete “Whole Food Concentrate” (Juice Plus) in four capsules per day, with 16 ounces of filtered non-chlorine water. Juice Plus has the equivalent of 9 servings of fresh, raw fruits, vegetables, and grains with a natural balance of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, phytochemicals, and phytonutrients. Click here for the JuicePlus website to order or to obtain more information. This is KEY and ESSENTIAL!
- Low-fat diet: Less than 20% of total calories per day. (More OMEGA-3 fats such as those in freshwater fish such as salmon, and olive oils.) Avoidance of the oils we thought were “safer” such as corn oil, canola oil, safflower oil, etc. is best.
- Low cholesterol diet: Less than 300 mg per day.
- Maintain ideal body weight (IBW) and reduce total calories.
- Maintain ideal body fat: Males < 16%; Females < 22%.
- High fiber and less refined carbohydrates.
- Aerobically – 30 minutes daily
- Light Weights – 20 minutes daily
Religious Commitment and Spirituality
Prayer, faith, religious commitment, and spirituality significantly prevent and reduce disease and prolong life.
100 OUNCES of filtered water per day with no chlorine retains minerals.
- Sunscreen daily on the face or any exposed areas is essential. A good sunscreen should adequately block a broad spectrum of UVA and UVB rays, the UVA ones being the most damaging to the skin causing aging and more cell damage.
- Vitamin C is essential to healthy skin as it acts as an antioxidant and offers protection from the sun as well.
- Cleansing twice daily with an effective cleanser also promotes healthy skin.
- Following the above regimen with diet and adequate water intake is essential for healthy skin. For a good source on diet, nutrition, and healthy skin, consider reading Nicholas Perricone’s book, The Wrinkle Cure.
Natural Family Planning or Fertility Awareness
The benefits of fertility awareness are vast. Women have a unique opportunity to understand how beautifully they were made and should feel empowered with the knowledge that they alone have 3 Powers that men do not: Ovulation, Gestation, and Lactation! Armed with the knowledge that ovulation is a sign of health, then in a very natural way, a woman can note patterns and changes within her body to tell her if she is healthy. When patterns are detectable, then Natural Family Planning is very easy to achieve with great success. If patterns are not detectable, then Dr. Wood enjoys finding the answers to correct your body and achieve your best health.
Many couples report great marriages that use NFP. They communicate more effectively, they both work to achieve their goals together, and they enjoy the safety of not using artificial hormones and contraceptives to postpone pregnancy.
The old “rhythm method” of yesteryear is not considered an effective method. Unfortunately, many medical practitioners were taught that this was all we knew, and if a woman had irregular cycles, then she was out of luck. We were not trained in methods such as The Billings Ovulation Method which is over 99% effective with perfect use. This method is based on in-depth scientific studies through many years of research and was created by two physicians with the aid of research scientists such as Dr. Jim Brown who was the first to measure estrogen levels in urine. This particular method utilizes changes at the vulva which signify changes in cervical mucus. As a woman goes about her day, she feels these sensations, and at the end of the day, they are charted. Most husbands prefer to be involved in this charting and have a greater knowledge and awareness of their wife’s cyclic changes and patterns.
Couples have found an improved fertility rate employing NFP, as they know whether ovulation is occurring, and they understand their most fertile times.
Furthermore, this method is learned easily and is simple. The cost to learn is minimal when compared with its value of knowing and understanding your body, and the cost of contraception, both monetarily as well as the physical cost to a woman’s body and a new human embryo.
Dr. Wood likes to refer to certified Billings Ovulation teachers for in-depth training and ongoing support. Should problems arise with the recognition of patterns, then she can take steps to find the answers.
What is hysteroscopy?
Hysteroscopy is used to diagnose or treat problems of the uterus. A hysteroscope is a thin, lighted telescope-like device. It is inserted through your vagina into your uterus. The hysteroscope transmits the image of your uterus onto a screen. Other instruments are used along with the hysteroscope for treatment.
Why is hysteroscopy done?
One of the most common uses for hysteroscopy is to find the cause of abnormal uterine bleeding. Abnormal bleeding can mean that a woman’s menstrual periods are heavier or longer than usual or occur less often or more often than normal. Bleeding between menstrual periods also is abnormal.
How is hysteroscopy performed?
Endorsee hysteroscopy can be done in our office. It will be scheduled when you are not having your menstrual period. To make the procedure easier, your health care provider may dilate (open) your cervix before your hysteroscopy. You may be given medication that is inserted into the cervix, taken orally, or special dilators may be used.
A speculum is first inserted into the vagina. The hysteroscope is then inserted and gently moved through the cervix into your uterus. Saline fluid will be put through the hysteroscope into your uterus to expand it. The fluid helps your health care provider see the lining more clearly. The amount of fluid used is carefully checked throughout the procedure. Your health care provider can view the lining of your uterus by looking through the hysteroscope. If a biopsy or other procedure is done, small instruments will be passed through the hysteroscope.
MonaLisa Touch® is a functional vaginal rejuvenation treatment based on a special fractional CO2 laser, specifically created for the vaginal mucosa.
MonaLisa Touch® prevents and resolves estrogen drops in the vaginal tissue (typically occurring during menopause or after childbirth) by re-activating the production of new collagen and reestablishing the conditions that the vaginal mucosa once had.
MonaLisa Touch® is now the most effective non-surgical and non-pharmacological solution for preventing and treating vaginal atrophy and its after-effects, which many women suffer from during menopause and after childbirth.